It’s about seeing the extraordinary in the ordinary.
My last ‘Point Shoot’ post captured some of the special moments of our summer holiday in France. This one is a record of some of the things I took a moment to appreciate during the recent October halfterm break.
Firstly, and in an oh so very English way of me let’s talk about the weather…. hasn’t it been glorious?!
I am so very appreciative of how the bright and dry weather really helped us to get outdoors lots so far this autumn.
Moving on to more specific moments.
The photo above was taken on at a spot near my Mum and Dad’s home.
- We enjoyed a family walk (us 5, grandparents and cousin) in the Lincolnshire countryside. The children enjoyed throwing sticks into the river and meeting some cows in a field.
- The weather was incredibly mild.
- We were treated to some delicious food including a homemade lemon drizzle Birthday cake for the eldest by my Mum – he was very happy!
- There was lots of Grandad – Grandson footie time!
This photo was captured at Chartwell where we were lucky enough to meet some very good friends for a day of:
- pumpkin trails
- running and rolling down the hills
- chatting (me and H) as the children played!
And guess (from the photo above) which family favourite restaurant we visited mid-week to celebrate the eldest’s 8th Birthday party?! It was a lovely day in general because of:
- breakfast in bed for the Birthday boy
- time with our favourite nanny and her lovely daughter in the afternoon (with some Wiggles the caterpillar Birthday cake thrown in)
- lots of football in the garden (new goalposts for a pressie!)
- hubby home early so we could all get the bus to Blackheath for pizza (and prosecco for me!). The girls still find a trip on a London bus very exciting!
These photos capture some of the loveliness of our last few days staying with some more very good friends in Herefordshire. The highlights were:
- spending quality time with friends who we hadn’t seen for a long time
- walks altogether made all the more special because we had the family dog with us
- playing pooh sticks
- playing on the tree swing
- den building
- pumpkin carving
- watching Strictly Come Dancing en masse
- the quiet of rural life
- the beautiful views from my friend’s home
I’d love to hear about your October halfterm holidays.
What were your special moments?