It’s about seeing the extraordinary in the ordinary.
My last ‘Point Shoot’ post was a record of our Easter skiing holiday. This one is just a little record of my 40th Birthday celebrations which have been happening over the last few weeks (lucky me!). So (in no particular order) I’m feeling thankful for:
Quality time with friends and family (all involving food it seems!)
- the Birthday tea with the children where we enjoyed the delicious chocolate cake which they had made!
- a delightful evening at the Ledbury, a fantastic restaurant I had wanted to visit for a while, with the hubby where we chatted, ate exquisite food and enjoyed the different wines – more chocolate treats too!
- a chilled out Birthday morning – having a swim with the hubby, a walk in the sunshine in London and brunch overlooking the Thames.
- a fab Friday teatime treat in a local pizza restaurant with the family and my parents
- more lovely Italian food with old friends as a joint Birthday celebration where the host is always very kind to us (Raff!)
- a spa break with the girls including LOTS of giggles on the Saturday night when we hit the Prosecco, wine, and of all things Baileys – I was clearly showing my age at the end of the evening!
- Flowers (inspired by our wedding flowers!) and soooooo much more….. thank you everyone!
How do you like to celebrate special Birthdays?
I’d love to know what you’ve done for the ‘big ones’!