Words About the Weekend #6

n my introductory post to this new guest series I mentioned that ‘Words About The Weekend’ is a chance to be a bit nosey about other bloggers and what they get up to on a Saturday and Sunday.

The questions deliberately focus on principles of mindfulness – self-care, being present, appreciation and gratitude.

guest series

The sixth blogger to write a post for this series is the lovely Jenny from Rabbit Ideas.

How do you usually kick the weekend off on a Friday night?

Friday evening is about relaxing in our house, so some (dinosaur-related) telly time with the kids, bath, books and bed for the kids. Sometimes my husband and I will eat later on a Friday night, once the kids are in bed, to catch up on our weeks, too.

What do you usually do as a family at the weekend? Any regular activities?

We like to go out somewhere together on a Saturday- the woods, beach, library, aquarium or museum (again, dinosaurs!) or we visit family. Sundays are usually spent closer to home; church, pottering in the garden or doing activities in the house and then a nice meal together. I usually set aside some time as well to write a blog post and spend some time on social media for the blog.

What does your partner or another member of the family regularly do for you on the weekend that you are appreciative of?

My husband is the weekend cook – I am very appreciative of him doing this as his meals are delicious and the kids enjoy helping him, as well.

How do you fit moments of self-care into the weekend?

Simple things like taking time to read, go for a walk or coffee with a friend or have a long bath are easy ways I try to factor some ‘me-time’ into the weekend. I am in a book club and love having that accountability and social aspect to reading for pleasure – it has certainly encouraged me to read more than I would do on my own! I also enjoy writing, but tend to do this seriously when I have longer stretches of time, such as holidays.

How do you make sure you slow down a little at the weekend? Or re-connect with the family if it’s been a busy week with lots of people doing lots of different things?

Eating together is really important for us, it is amazing what conversations crop up at the table! Also being outdoors together in nature is a great way to re-connect with each other and our surroundings.

Oooooh yes family mealtimes are so important! Thank you so much to Jenny for taking part in this guest series.

If you’d like to take part in the guest series please email me at admin@missionmindfulness.co.uk. Thank you!

1. February 24, 2018 / 9:12 am

Sounds a perfect way to spend a weekend. I like a mix of going and doing things as a family but then some time to relax too. #satsesh

2. February 24, 2018 / 3:58 pm

Ah loved reading this, love rabbit ideas’ blog! She’s fab! Nice to get an insight into her family life #thesatsesh

3. February 24, 2018 / 4:09 pm

I love the rabbit ideas blog so it was lovely to read about her weekend. She has reminded me that I must find a new book club…..#thesatsesh

4. February 24, 2018 / 6:30 pm

Sounds like a perfect family weekend, doing some nice things but not too full on, with time to relax. I love reading about what others get up to. #thesatsesh

5. February 24, 2018 / 7:13 pm

Sounds like a perfect way to spend the weekend. I really need to join a book club! I’ve always loved the idea and never actually done it. #thesatsesh

6. February 24, 2018 / 9:25 pm

I agree with the other comments – this is a brilliant t mix of family time and relaxation time, something I’m definitely aiming for! #Thesatsesh

7. February 25, 2018 / 6:10 am

I absolutely love this series, have I told you that!!? And I love Rabbit Ideas blog. Great post. #thesatsesh

February 25, 2018 / 8:20 pm

Thank you on all counts! xx

8. February 25, 2018 / 12:35 pm

Hey, thank you for letting me answer your questions! So lovely to read everyone else’s comments, too. Thank you for the linky and guest posting series! #thesatsesh

February 25, 2018 / 8:19 pm

Thank you for participating xx It’s a pleasure xx

9. February 25, 2018 / 1:46 pm

Love this feature! #thesatsesh

10. February 25, 2018 / 3:42 pm

We love going out at least one day of the weekend too. We normally spend the whole day out! #thesatsesh

11. February 26, 2018 / 10:29 am

We also love eating together and have just invested in a larger dining table to fit more family and friends it is the heart of our home. How lovely that hubby is the weekend chef too. #thesatsesh

12. February 26, 2018 / 4:15 pm

We have dinner together when we can. We don’t get to every night due to work. But definitely a few nights a week xx #familyfunlinky

13. talkingmums1
    February 27, 2018 / 1:20 pm

As far as we can, we always eat together at the weekend. I used to think I’d like my OH to be the weekend cook but when he tried I ended up taking over! I think I actually like being the cook x

14. February 27, 2018 / 9:24 pm

#thesatsesh yes to all of this – being in nature, eating together, simple things that are essential to 21 century health and happiness. We eat all meals together and it makes us a unit. (plus it stops me picking)

15. March 1, 2018 / 4:29 pm

It’s lovely to get a sneaky peek into what goes on in another’s home. #thesatsesh

16. March 2, 2018 / 10:05 pm

Sounds like my kind of weekend, especially the hubby cooking part!
    Thank you for joining #FamilyFunLinky x

17. March 3, 2018 / 9:29 am

This sounds pretty much exactly like what I’d like my weekends to be like! I’ve never really had that experience of staying up after our kid goes to sleep though… 😴 But we too like to go out, often spend some time in nature, and I so agree that is a great way to connect as a family. Just to do something reasonably relaxing and share the experience, it doesn’t need to me anything extravagant (almost better if it isn’t, so there’s no pressure) xx #thesatsesh (so sorry for my late commenting, this week went too fast for me 😬)

March 4, 2018 / 3:43 pm

Never apologise for a late comment – I’m not the speediest sometimes – we all understand! xx

• March 4, 2018 / 3:47 pm

It didn’t feel too good being a whole week late though… but thank you! 💗xx

18. March 20, 2018 / 12:42 pm