Hello and welcome back to the Saturday Sesh – the linky hosted by myself and Lucy from What My Fridge Says.
How was your half term? As February half terms go we’ve had a pretty good one. In my pre-kids life I would spend most of this half term marking or planning lessons and then for the last couple of years I’ve tried to keep the kids entertained mostly by myself. This year they hubby took the whole week off and we’ve had a lovely time day-tripping, visiting family, crafting and baking. It feels like it’s been a really good mix and we’ve been lucky that there’s been some bright, sunny days too. I hope everyone else has had a good week too.
My featured post this week is from Pen at The Single Swan. She is spot on about how parenting has changed in the last half a century or so, the pressures we are putting on ourselves as parents and reflects on whether or not we are actually helping our children with all these added ‘extras’ that we feel the need to buy into at times. A really thought provoking read which I thoroughly recommend.
Click here to find out who Lucy’s featured blogger was. Feel free to grab yourselves the ‘featured blogger’ badge peeps.
So on to this week’s linky…
#thesatsesh is the place to link up your posts when you have a spare few minutes on a Saturday or Sunday AND will also be the place to find some fantastic weekend reading.
If you feel you haven’t had the chance to give your blog the promotion it deserves over the last few days then this is the linky for you. Equally if you just love a linky and miss having many at the weekend to take part in then this is also for you!
• It’s open to all bloggers, and posts of all different shapes and sizes are welcome.
• It goes live on Saturday mornings at 7.00am GMT and closes at 8pm GMT on Sunday evening.
#thesatsesh linky rules:
(we are teachers after all!)
• You can link up to 2 posts, old or new.
• Grab a badge! Please do add #thesatsesh badge to the bottom of the post you are linking up. You can do this by copying and pasting the badge code at the bottom of this post into the HTML area of your post. Tweet Lucy or I if you have any questions about how to do this. First-timers do find this a bit daunting sometimes.
• Let the world know you’ve joined #thesatsesh by tweeting us @mummy_mindful and @whatmyfridgesays and using #thesatsesh. Follow us on twitter if you don’t already as we are very generous with our RTs!
• Comment. Sit back, relax (it’s the weekend after all) and share the love by commenting on some great blogs. #thesatsesh comment etiquette is to comment on one of each of the host’s posts and also to comment on the post directly BEFORE yours and the post directly AFTER yours. IF YOU DO COMMENT ON MORE… THAT WOULD BE AMAZING and you will of course go to the top of the class! Do remember to pop #thesatsesh in your comment so the blogger knows where you’ve come from.
• Any bloggers found linking and running will be put in detention!
The Optional Extra:
• Join #thesatsesh community on Instagram. Have a photo of your weekend fun which you’d like to get some love or maybe it’s a photo connected with the post/s you linked up? Then by all means join our little IG community #thesatsesh to boost your likes and comments. Follow us on Instagram @mission_mindfulness_blog and @fridgesays and we will follow you back to keep up to date with you all.
Thanks for joining us (click on the blue button right at the bottom of this post to do so) AND for making #thesatsesh community such a friendly and supportive one.