Hello all and welcome back to the Saturday Sesh linky hosted by myself and Lucy from What My Fridge Says.
I hope you’ve all had a thoroughly enjoyable halfterm. Autumn has been very kind to us down here in London and we’ve still been managing to get outside lots enjoying the bright days and crisp leaves. It’s such an easy time of year to practice some informal mindfulness and even introduce it gently to the kids.
Next time you visit the park get everyone to stand still for a minute (or 10 seconds if that’s more realistic ;-)) and use all of their senses to take in their surroundings.
- What can everyone see?
- Touch (feet on the floor if nothing else)?
- And maybe even taste?
Here’s a pic of me taking a ‘mindful moment’ this week!
Anyway on to the linky. As ever Lucy and I thoroughly enjoyed reading ‘the Saturday Sesh’ posts last week and it was tricky to pick a featured post again. Things like whether or not a #thesatsesh badge is clearly visible on the post or not can be the deciding factor sometimes! Also, as we get into our stride we are a bit more vigilant about checking comments etc. so please do remind yourself of the rules. We totally understand that mistakes happen when we’re all so busy but it’s only fair that everyone gets at least three #thesatsesh comments on their post so we do want to do our best to ensure that this happens and will contact people if need be.
Lecture over :-). I really loved this post from Mackenzie Glanville this week so it is my featured post. In fact both of Mackenzie’s posts were super strong this week but this one really touched me when she reminded us that ‘creating priceless memories sometimes just has to be a priority’. Reflections From Me, her website, is always a great place to visit for some nourishment for the soul. Click here to find out who Lucy’s featured blogger was. Feel free to grab yourselves the ‘featured blogger’ badge!
The #thesatsesh hashtag continues to gain momentum. Please do use the hashtag sometime this weekend on Instagram!
So here’s the formalities…
#thesatsesh is the place to link up your posts when you have a spare few minutes on a Saturday or Sunday AND will also be the place to find some fantastic weekend reading.
If you feel you haven’t had the chance to give your blog the promotion it deserves over the last few days then this is the linky for you. Equally if you just love a linky and miss having many at the weekend to take part in then this is also for you!
- It’s open to all bloggers, and posts of all different shapes and sizes are welcome.
- It goes live on Saturday mornings at 7.00am GMT and closes at 8pm GMT on Sunday evening.
#thesatsesh linky rules
(we are teachers after all!)
- You can link up to 2 posts, old or new.
- Grab a badge! Please do add #thesatsesh badge to the bottom of the post you are linking up. You can do this by copying and pasting the badge code at the bottom of this post into the HTML area of your post. Tweet Lucy or I if you have any questions about how to do this. First-timers do find this a bit daunting sometimes. No badge, no featured blogger accolade!
- Let the world know you’ve joined #thesatsesh by tweeting us @mummy_mindful and @whatmyfridgesays and using #thesatsesh. Follow us on twitter if you don’t already as we are very generous with our RTs!
- Comment. Sit back, relax (it’s the weekend after all) and share the love by commenting on some great blogs. #thesatsesh comment etiquette is to comment on one of each of the host’s posts, so one of my posts and one of Lucy’s posts and also to comment on the post directly before yours and the the post directly after yours. IF YOU DO COMMENT ON MORE… THAT WOULD BE AMAZING and you will of course go to the top of the class :-).
- Any bloggers found linking and running will be put in detention :-(.
The Optional Extra:
- Join #thesatsesh community on Instagram. Have a photo of your weekend fun which you’d like to get some love or maybe it’s a photo connected with the post/s you linked up? Then by all means join our little IG community #thesatsesh to boost your likes and comments. Follow us on Instagram @mission_mindfulness_blog and @fridgesays and we will follow you back to keep up to date with you all.
So without further ado, click below and add your posts to #thesatsesh linky party.