I have been trying to catch up with a few blogger tags recently. Quite a while ago now Lucy from Lucy At Home nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award.
I’d like to thank Lucy for nominating me. Her blog is definitely worth a visit and she runs a fab linky with Wendy from Naptime Natter called #BlogCrush.
Part of the criteria of the award is to briefly describe how I came to blogging. I started blogging when the twins were about a year old. I needed a creative outlet and a bit of an intellectual challenge. I also wanted to let people know about mindfulness – how it wasn’t all ‘hippy dippy’ and how it can really help busy professionals and parents. My first post was loosely based on ‘time to talk’ day and about raising awareness around mental health and how mindfulness can help mental wellbeing.
The award also asks for the blogger to give a couple of bits of advice to new bloggers. My advice would be to:
- join linkies and return to the same ones regularly. You will quickly start to get to know other bloggers then and will build up a following. It’s lovely to be part of a community too. I run ‘the Saturday sesh’ or #thesatsesh with Lucy from What My Fridge Says – a weekend linky for bloggers who may not have time to link up to the weekday linkies.
- join Instagram or use it more often than you used to pre-blog. I resisted joining yet another social platform for ages and so have only been on it for about a year but now it is my fave one! Make sure your account is public and interact on there regularly. Use hashtags to help engagement. I really like adding #mummyshot #funseekingkids #thismamaloves and of course #thesatsesh to my Instagram posts. I’m @mission_mindfulness_blog over on Instagram by the way. This certainly is another FAB way of connecting with other like-minded bloggers and promoting your blog and specific posts.
I would like to nominate any regular #thesatsesh linky participants for this award. For example or any of our other lovely linkers who haven’t already done it.
Blogger Recognition Award: Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.