Hello all and welcome back to the Saturday Sesh linky hosted by myself and Lucy from What My Fridge Says.
One word has dominated my week – OFSTED. We got the call on Monday and they were in school on Tuesday. After the inspectors had left the building it was then all about playing catch up with everything I’d put on hold for a day and a half and dealing with the tiredness after all expending so much nervous energy in such a short space of time. The visit did mean that the blog has taken even more of a backseat than usual and so I am thankful to have this linky to keep me disciplined about doing something on the blog every week!
Lucy and I really enjoyed reading loads of high quality posts last week and it was really tough to pick a ‘featured post’ from my batch. However, the post that really struck a chord with me was this one from Nicole at The Mum Reviews. She explores the concept of fear holding us back and I always love Nicole’s warm and easy-going tone even when considering profound topics. Click here to find out who Lucy’s featured blogger was. Feel free to grab yourselves the ‘featured blogger’ badge!
We’re also continuing to build our little IG community using the #thesatsesh hashtag. I particularly liked this photo added recently from Wendy at Naptime Natter.
Please do join us over on Instagram.
So here’s the formalities…
#thesatsesh is the place to link up your posts when you have a spare few minutes on a Saturday or Sunday AND will also be the place to find some fantastic weekend reading.
If you feel you haven’t had the chance to give your blog the promotion it deserves over the last few days then this is the linky for you. Equally if you just love a linky and miss having many at the weekend to take part in then this is also for you!
• It’s open to all bloggers, and posts of all different shapes and sizes are welcome.
• It goes live on Saturday mornings at 7.00am GMT and closes at 8pm GMT on Sunday evening.
#thesatsesh linky rules:
(we are teachers after all!)
• You can link up to 2 posts, old or new.
• Grab a badge! Please do add #thesatsesh badge to the bottom of the post you are linking up. You can do this by copying and pasting the badge code at the bottom of this post into the HTML area of your post. Tweet Lucy or I if you have any questions about how to do this. First-timers do find this a bit daunting sometimes.
• Let the world know you’ve joined #thesatsesh by tweeting us @mummy_mindful and @whatmyfridgesays and using #thesatsesh. Follow us on twitter if you don’t already as we are very generous with our RTs!
• Comment. Sit back, relax (it’s the weekend after all) and share the love by commenting on some great blogs.
• #thesatsesh comment etiquette is to comment on one of each of the host’s posts, so one of Hayley’s posts and one of Lucy’s posts and also to comment on the post directly before yours and the the post directly after yours. IF YOU DO COMMENT ON MORE… THAT WOULD BE AMAZING and you will of course go to the top of the class! Do remember to pop #thesatsesh in your comment so the blogger knows where you’ve come from.
• Any bloggers found linking and running will be put in detention!
The Optional Extra:
• Join #thesatsesh community on Instagram. Have a photo of your weekend fun which you’d like to get some love or maybe it’s a photo connected with the post/s you linked up? Then by all means join our little IG community #thesatsesh to boost your likes and comments. Follow us on Instagram @mission_mindfulness_blog and @fridgesays and we will follow you back to keep up to date with you all.