Wicked Wednesdays #8: You can’t make an Omelette without breaking some Eggs…

…or so the saying goes.

So I guess that it was to be expected that one day my ‘angelic’ helpers, who love to unpack the shopping after a trip to the supermarket or, more likely, a delivery from our favourite online store has arrived, would be tempted to explore this idea.

And so here are the pictures to prove it.

I love that the twins want to ‘help’ me lots at the moment and I’m trying hard to give them as much independence as possible having fallen into the ‘helicopter’ style of parenting on more than one occasion with my eldest.Β  Therefore I guess that with this more ‘free range’ (excuse the pun!) approach there is undeniably more chance of this kind of thing happening.

Ultimately it is true that if we want to encourage our little ones to grow up into helpful individuals who can do things for themselves then things like this are to be expected.

So after I had muttered some choice words under my breath and reacted with a raised voice, I tried to remind myself that this is all par for the course and responded with a little more calmness and patience as per my mission toΒ  be a more mindful mummy.

After all I can’t stay cross with these two for very long anyway πŸ™‚ .

mischief

So from now on I will try my best to keep in mind that:

In order to achieve whatever goals we set ourselves it is inevitable and probably even necessary that some havoc will be wreaked along the way.

dscf6115.jpg

NB:Β  My Wicked Wednesdays posts (where I basically divulge to anyone and everyone just how messy our house is) are inspired by the fabulous Brummy Mummy of 2 and her encouragement of us to shareβ€˜real’ family photos.

brummymummyof2
Two Tiny Hands
Diary of an imperfect mum
The Pramshed

1. September 21, 2016 / 7:42 pm

hehehe! At least they were trying to help….
    #WickedWednesdays

2. September 21, 2016 / 9:13 pm

I had omelette for tea tonight πŸ™‚
    They’re just taking packing to a new level, shells ‘an all.
    Tonight my neighbour bought some beer over for the Mr to say thank you, dropped a bottle over my doorstep and now my house spells like a pub πŸ™‚ she couldn’t apologise enough and I couldn’t stop laughing. The thought was there πŸ™‚

• September 21, 2016 / 10:45 pm

Your poor neighbour – I bet she was mortified. So good to see the funny side in these things – could be worse smells I suppose! Thanks for commenting xx

3. September 22, 2016 / 6:04 am

Haha at least they were trying to help!! #wickedwednesday

4. September 22, 2016 / 9:18 am

This always happens here. I try to justify that it helps though #wickedwednesday

5. September 22, 2016 / 3:31 pm

Ahhh and those pigtails are so cute! Thanks so much for linking up to Wicked Wednesdays and I can’t wait to see you next week! x

6. September 22, 2016 / 9:51 pm

Oh, the joys of having extra helpers!! It never works, does it?!!?😁
    #wickedWednesdays

7. September 23, 2016 / 4:11 pm

It is hard not to use that raised voice when we are tired and shocked but kids are surprisingly open to the word sorry and don’t tend to hold grudges! Glad it’s not just me!!! Thank you for linking up to #ablogginggoodtime πŸŽ‰

8. twotinyhands
    September 23, 2016 / 7:46 pm

Great advice and it’s so easy to flip when something goes wrong! Aaaand a deep breath! Thanks for linking up to #familyfun

• September 25, 2016 / 11:46 pm

Hee hee – yes it can be so easy – connecting with the breath does really help. Thanks for commenting. x

9. September 23, 2016 / 9:56 pm

hahaha, I let my little one loose with cracking an egg today too. Well I did help somewhat but she is only two. Just as well because she tried to eat the raw egg once it had crack…genius. Anywho I love the sentiment here, its hard not to get mad sometimes but I have to remind myself they’re only teeny tiny humans who are stumbling there way through an adults world…easier said than done though eh. Thank you for linking up at #FamilyFun, hope you can come back next week xx

• September 25, 2016 / 11:44 pm

Oooooo yuk raw egg – that’s typical! Thanks so much for the kind and wise comments – yes they are only little and are just curious about EVERYTHING. Will definitely try and link up again soon (school work permitting :-)) xx

10. September 24, 2016 / 9:19 am

Well done mummy! So easy to default to telling off and forgetting how little they are. I definitely have expected too much of my little girl, I think I fell into societal ideals of having ‘well-behaved’ children without even realising I was doing it and putting too much pressure on both me and my daughter when she was too little. I’m much more aware now. Love the chalkboard art. #fortheloveofBLOG

• September 25, 2016 / 11:41 pm

Thank you – yes we can all worry about how others view us and our children if we are not careful (or mindful!). Thanks for the comment. x

11. September 26, 2016 / 10:12 pm

Ah such a cute picture of the two of them together. I think creating havoc is all part of the course. I had to give me daughter everything to play with today just so I could get on with my work. I accidently turned my back from a second and her plate of roast dinner was in the floor, I counted to ten, deep breath, no getting annoyed, it was already a stressful day. It must make you smile you seeing them trying to help you, hopefully a sign of things to come. Thanks so much for linking up at #fortheloveofBLOG. Claire x

• September 26, 2016 / 11:22 pm

Deep breaths are definitely the order of the day in our on a regular basis! Thanks so much for commenting. x

12. September 27, 2016 / 2:59 pm

So helpful and cute! George is a really great ‘helper’ too, and he’s obsessed with assisting with the cracking of eggs as well, although 9/10 his over-keen little hands crack them onto the kitchen floor *head in hands* Why are they so hard to clean up!? I’m sure when they’re older and we’re not having to run around after them quite so much thanks to this development of independence all the cracked eggs will be forgotten xx #fortheloveofblog